Photo identification is now required for Texas Voters.
You must now present one of the following forms of photo ID when voting in person:
- Texas Driver’s License issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
- Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
- Texas Personal Identification Card issued by DPS
- Texas Concealed Handgun License issued by DPS
- US Military Identification Card containing your photograph
- US Citizenship Certificate containing your photograph
- US Passport
With the except of the US Citizenship Certificate, the identification must be current or have expired no more than 60 days before being presented for voter qualification at the polling place.